There is a need to aid in (re)building Zimbabwean society through community engagement and working with and/or for organisations seeking to enhance development, human rights and people’s livelihoods. Mindful of this, the Conversation Zimbabwe team has compiled a list of registered charities, community service initiatives and non-profit organisations working in Zimbabwe.
Some of these organisations regularly accept volunteers and donations, and will gladly welcome a helping hand.
Environment – conservation and rights
- Biodiversity Foundation for Africa
- Birdlife Zimbabwe
- Dabane Trust
- Institute Of Environmental Studies
- Legal Resources Foundation
- Women Land And Water Rights In Southern Africa
- Zimbabwe Lawyers For Human Rights
- Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre And Network
Medical, social welfare and care
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation
- The JF Kapnek Trust – Zimbabwe
- Tose Respite Care Home
- African Capacity Building Foundation
- African Forum and Network on Debt and Development
- Institute of Water and Sanitation Development
- Macroeconomic And Financial Management Institute
- United Nations Development Programme – Zimbabwe
Youth support and development
- Child Protection Society
- Kufunda Learning Village
- Streets Ahead
- Young Africa
If you know or have volunteered for an organisation helping (re)build Zimbabwe, please email us their details using the contact form below, so we can assess and add them onto the list.
Pay it forward! Together, we can.